Fields: Journal of Huddersfield Student Research
Mon, 18 Apr 2016 02:00:00 BST
This is your opportunity to submit your research to an online journal publishing outstanding peer reviewed work to the world.
We are looking for submissions for the third volume of Fields: Journal of Huddersfield Student Research.
“Having my research published in Fields has been the pinnacle of my achievements, particularly as I am a mature student working full-time with a young family. It has enabled me to finally believe in my own abilities as a writer and researcher, as well as raising my professional status in my workplace.” (Student published in Fields)
What is Fields?
Fields gives you the opportunity to take your work and ideas further than coursework. It provides the chance to be part of an academic community exploring new ideas through research. The journal encourages authors to:
- aspire to the highest academic standards
- learn how to present work to a professional standard
- respond to a challenging and stimulating goal
How do I get involved?
The first stage of selection will be undertaken at School level in June/July, mostly based on work submitted for assessment. Fields is aimed primarily at undergraduate students but a maximum of one of the three items submitted from each school may be a piece of Postgraduate taught work.
School Panels will shortlist work and advise on revisions prior to submission to the University Editorial Board for FIELDS which will then make the final selection of work to be published.
All students on taught courses can submit and tutors are encouraged to nominate outstanding work. Funding will be available to help selected students.
If you are a student and would like to submit your work please contact your School panel member:
- Applied Sciences (Professor Andy Laws and Dr Robert Allan)
- Art, Design and Architecture (Professor Craig Richardson)
- Business School (Tina Hart and Dr Denis Feather)
- Education and Professional Development (Professor Robin Simmons and Professor James Avis)
- Human and Health Sciences (Dr Christine Rhodes)
- Music, Humanities and Media (Dr Pat Cullum and Dr Catherine Haworth)
- Computing and Engineering (Dr James McDowell and Professor Simon Iwnicki)
The online journal is published and available on the University of Huddersfield Press open access platform. Fields includes articles but also other formats appropriate to research in different disciplines including poems, music, animation, performance, garments, websites and practice based research. Work in a form other than written material should be accompanied by a short written commentary. For more information visit the Fields website.
If you have any questions please email Kathrine Jensen by email: email@example.com